Home forums General Photography Welcome to the CVPW Talk Forum

Tagged
2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Timothy Griffin 5 months ago
  • Timothy Griffin
    Keymaster
    @t12griffin

This forum is all about photography. Got a question, ask the question. Lets see what others can do to help

Susan Sienko
    Participant
    @srsienko

Hi I need help with sending a file to an outside printer. I am using the latest version of lightroom classic cc. When I try to send the file to the printer it is not configuring correctly to print as an 8×10. I know I have to resize the file but I don’t know what dimensions I need to choose. When I sent the file to the printer “as is” and told him to print it as an 8×10 it cut off the watermark. It behaved as though it was cropped instead of resized. I’ve made many attempts in the print module but can only get it to configure to the 10″ side, the max width I can get is 6.66 inches. I’ve spent a lot of time on this and googled to no avail. I am new to the printing aspect of photography and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Timothy Griffin
    Keymaster
    @t12griffin

Hi , You need to separate print size from aspect ratio. When you crop an image in Lightroom, you are cropping to an aspect ratio.  when an image is printed , you select a paper size and fill or over fill that paper. In lightroom , on the crop tool , look for ‘Aspect Ratio’ Open the drop down menu and select 4×5/8×10. This aspect ratio will give you the exact same image, just on different size paper. Now crop your image.  I am going to assume your are printing from Lightroom. when you go to print. Set up the printer for the size paper you have. You should also understand that most printers will not print 100% borderless. I always use larger paper and trim the image down after printing, prevents other set of problems.  In the print module select an 8×10 template and load your image. Now it should print exactly what you crop.

Contact me at tim.griffin@creativevisionpw.com if you need any other assistance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.